This week is the which is hosted by the Mental Health Foundation. The theme this year is kindness.
During theses socialising distancing times where people are feeling isolated, anxious and alone it couldn’t be a better choice.
To offer out acts of kindness and to receive kindness can and will have a massive impact on our daily lives. So everyone is encouraged to commit one act of kindness a day and make a difference to someone’s life.
Kindness can benefit us in so many ways. These include:
- Reducing stress
- Increase sense of worth
- Increases emotional resilience
- Improves immunity system
- A more optimistic and happier outlook on life
- A sense of exhilaration and euphoria
- An increase in energy
- A feeling of being healthy,
- Decreased feeling of loneliness, depression and helplessness
The following link has guides and ways you can support this week. It is a typing area where it states sleep is the theme. Let us be kind to them though!https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week